Crypted Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crypted Haven

A Harry Potter based RPG. JOIN US for classes and fun a like!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
We now have a chatroom. It is located at the very bottom of the page or at https://cryptedhaven.rpg-board.net/h1-chat
Classes are posted every two weeks, owl your teachers for any questions.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Rules

Rules Of Crypted Haven

1. When Creating a username make sure it is YOUR CHARACTERS NAME no numbers or symbols.
2. Be polite harassment will not be tolerated.
3. This site is not PG however please try to keep the adult themes to a minimum.
4. No God-Modding (controlling others' characters without their permission.)

Please remember the site is fairly new and things will be updated regularly and there may be some changes with the site.
Latest topics
» Year 3, Lesson 4
Wandlore Lesson 2 Empty11/11/2012, 8:28 pm by Drake Black

» Year 5, Lesson 4
Wandlore Lesson 2 Empty11/11/2012, 8:28 pm by Drake Black

» Dragonlore Lesson 4
Wandlore Lesson 2 Empty11/11/2012, 8:27 pm by Drake Black

» Year 1, Lesson 4
Wandlore Lesson 2 Empty11/11/2012, 8:26 pm by Ali Alcove

» Year 3, Lesson 4
Wandlore Lesson 2 Empty11/11/2012, 8:24 pm by Ali Alcove

» Year 5, Lesson 4
Wandlore Lesson 2 Empty11/11/2012, 8:22 pm by Ali Alcove

» Year 5, Lesson 4
Wandlore Lesson 2 Empty11/11/2012, 8:21 pm by Ali Alcove

» Year 3, Lesson 4
Wandlore Lesson 2 Empty11/11/2012, 8:20 pm by Ali Alcove

» Year 1, Lesson 4
Wandlore Lesson 2 Empty11/11/2012, 8:18 pm by Ali Alcove

HOUSE POINTS

Aer  

Ignis 

Terra  

Aqua 

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 63 on 7/3/2019, 7:54 am

Wandlore Lesson 2

Go down 
2 posters

Why are you taking this class?
Boredom.
Wandlore Lesson 2 I_vote_lcap20%Wandlore Lesson 2 I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
I want to become a famous wand maker.
 20% [ 1 ]
Wait.... I'm taking this class?!?! Since when?
 20% [ 1 ]
I think the Professor is H.O.T.
 20% [ 1 ]
I need the credits.
 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Death

Death

Wandlore Lesson 2 Empty
PostSubject: Wandlore Lesson 2   Wandlore Lesson 2 Empty10/11/2012, 2:40 am

Wandlore is an ancient, complex, and mysterious branch of magic dealing with the history, abilities, and actions of wands, quasi-sentient magical tools used by wizards and witches to cast spells. This particular branch of magic is carefully studied by wandmakers such as Garrick Ollivander and Gregorovitch

Attendance: Name me one thing you learned last class.

Wands choose the wizard or witch in a way that is neither random, nor serendipitous. There is much ancient mythology and botanical knowledge regarding the powers and natures of wood and other natural elements.

Today we will begin studying Woods.

Alder Alder is a particularly unyielding wood but its ideal owner is typically the opposite – helpful, friendly, and compassionate. Alder wood is unusual in that it tends to gravitate toward people opposite, or at least different, to its own nature. Alder is one of the best suited woods to non-verbal spell casting and has developed a reputation for only being suitable for the most advanced magical practitioners.(Ingesting the fresh bark may cause nausea and vomiting; hence it is advisable to use dried bark foremetic purposes. Usually, the dehydrated bark of young branches or the inside barks of branches that are about two to three years old are used for therapeutic purposes. Normally, the bark is collected during the spring, dried and then stored for later use)

Applewood Applewood wands are a very light oriented wand and are not made in very great quantities. They are very powerful and their idea owner is one with very high ambitions and lofty goals. On a more unusual note, Applewood wands very often find their way into the hands of people who are able to speak the native tongue of magical beasts.(The apple was thus considered, in ancient Greece, to be sacred to Aphrodite, and to throw an apple at someone was to symbolically declare one's love; and similarly, to catch it was to symbolically show one's acceptance of that love)

Ash Ash makes a very loyal wand wood; to the extent that it should not be passed from one owner to the next – even in the case of the original owner’s death – as it will lose power and skill in the transfer. This effect will be even more severe should it have a core from a Unicorn. The ideal owner of an Ash wand will be stubborn and courageous but never brash or prideful. (Ash is a hardwood and is hard, dense, tough and very strong but elastic, extensively used for making bows, tool handles, baseball bats,hurleys and other uses demanding high strength and resilience.
It is also often used as material for electric guitar bodies and, less commonly, for acoustic guitar bodies, known for its bright, cutting tone and sustaining quality. They are also used for making drum shells. Interior joinery is another common user of both European Ash and White Ash. Ash veneers are extensively used in office furniture. Ash is not used extensively outdoors due to the heartwood having a low durability to ground contact,[8] meaning it will typically perish within five years.)

Aspen For some reason, Aspen wood is uniquely suited for Charms work and combat magic. More often than not its ideal owner is, or will be, an accomplished duelist; they are also usually strong-willed and determined. Wielders of Aspen Wands are frequently drawn to crusades and revolutions(An aspen stake was believed to be one of the few weapons suitable to kill a vampire. By the same token, a bigger stake could be driven into the grave of people condemned to damnation, so as to prevent them from rising from the dead.Aspen has been traditionally reputed in many countries to drive off evil spirits, hence it was often planted near the dwellings.Aspen wood is white and soft, but fairly strong, and has low flammability. It has a number of uses, notably for making matches and paper where its low flammability makes it safer to use than most other woods. Heat-treated aspen is a popular material for the interiors of a sauna. While standing trees sometimes tend to rot from the heart outward, the dry timber weathers very well, becoming silvery-grey and resistant to rotting and warping, and has traditionally been used for rural construction in the northwestern regions of Russia (especially for roofing, in the form of thin slats).

Homework: (due before next class)

1.How do you become a Wand maker?
2. What do you believe the different wood’s personality to be, and how do their personalities differ?

send to me Via owl.

Death sat behind his dest waiting for Karisa to arrive so that he could start class.

Back to top Go down
Karisa Mathais

Karisa Mathais

Wandlore Lesson 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandlore Lesson 2   Wandlore Lesson 2 Empty10/15/2012, 2:42 pm

Karisa walked in and sat down.
She pulled out parchment and looked at Death Waving before looking at the board.
Back to top Go down

Wandlore Lesson 2
Page 1 of 1