Crypted Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crypted Haven

A Harry Potter based RPG. JOIN US for classes and fun a like!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
We now have a chatroom. It is located at the very bottom of the page or at https://cryptedhaven.rpg-board.net/h1-chat
Classes are posted every two weeks, owl your teachers for any questions.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Rules

Rules Of Crypted Haven

1. When Creating a username make sure it is YOUR CHARACTERS NAME no numbers or symbols.
2. Be polite harassment will not be tolerated.
3. This site is not PG however please try to keep the adult themes to a minimum.
4. No God-Modding (controlling others' characters without their permission.)

Please remember the site is fairly new and things will be updated regularly and there may be some changes with the site.
Latest topics
» Year 3, Lesson 4
DADA Year 1 & 3 Lesson 2 Empty11/11/2012, 8:28 pm by Drake Black

» Year 5, Lesson 4
DADA Year 1 & 3 Lesson 2 Empty11/11/2012, 8:28 pm by Drake Black

» Dragonlore Lesson 4
DADA Year 1 & 3 Lesson 2 Empty11/11/2012, 8:27 pm by Drake Black

» Year 1, Lesson 4
DADA Year 1 & 3 Lesson 2 Empty11/11/2012, 8:26 pm by Ali Alcove

» Year 3, Lesson 4
DADA Year 1 & 3 Lesson 2 Empty11/11/2012, 8:24 pm by Ali Alcove

» Year 5, Lesson 4
DADA Year 1 & 3 Lesson 2 Empty11/11/2012, 8:22 pm by Ali Alcove

» Year 5, Lesson 4
DADA Year 1 & 3 Lesson 2 Empty11/11/2012, 8:21 pm by Ali Alcove

» Year 3, Lesson 4
DADA Year 1 & 3 Lesson 2 Empty11/11/2012, 8:20 pm by Ali Alcove

» Year 1, Lesson 4
DADA Year 1 & 3 Lesson 2 Empty11/11/2012, 8:18 pm by Ali Alcove

HOUSE POINTS

Aer  

Ignis 

Terra  

Aqua 

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 63 on 7/3/2019, 7:54 am

DADA Year 1 & 3 Lesson 2

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dryke Britefyre

Dryke Britefyre

DADA Year 1 & 3 Lesson 2 Empty
PostSubject: DADA Year 1 & 3 Lesson 2   DADA Year 1 & 3 Lesson 2 Empty10/11/2012, 3:14 am

Year 1&3 Lesson 2- Hags

Hags, also called crones, are savage, hominid creatures that look like ugly, old witches, but will usually have more warts than the average witch. They employ archaic earth magic and are easily recognised by Muggles. Hags are what Muggles think are "fairy tale witches," otherwise, little is known about these creatures.
They have been granted the status of Being by the Ministry of Magic, though children and raw liver are a part of their diet. The decision to grant Hags the status of Being was part of the reason why theCentaurs and Merpeople chose to be classified as Beasts, since they did not want to be associated with them.
During the 17th or 18th century, Honoria Nutcombe founded theSociety for the Reformation of Hags, which presumably helped to steer Hags towards a more civilised life in the Wizarding world.
Hags can be occasionally encountered in Knockturn Alley or theLeaky Cauldron, and also Hogsmeade though it is not clear if hags live there or merely pass through. Some Hags, like Annis Black, are known to live in caves.
Hags are often malevolent, and some have shapeshifting skills, or at least maintain the illusion of shapeshifting. Hags can be terrifying, apparently, since Quirinus Quirrell allegedly had "a nasty bit of business" with one during his time abroad.

Homework:
1. Keep Practicing the incantation and hand movement for Curse of the Bogies
2. Tell me 3 facts about Hags and why they can be dangerous and send them to me by owl.

Turning to the class, Professor Britefyre addressed the students. "I am so sorry about last week's amount of participation. I was working out some size issues and was quite occupied at my desk. So today, I want you to copy down your homework and take some notes on Hags. Then If time permits, we will practice the Curse of the Bogies on some Lizards, so that you get the feel of a curse."

Last edited by Dryke Britefyre on 10/25/2012, 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jenna Ann Marcus

Jenna Ann Marcus

PostSubject: Re: DADA Year 1 & 3 Lesson 2   DADA Year 1 & 3 Lesson 2 Empty10/11/2012, 12:46 pm

Jenna Ann Marcus, Third year, Aqua house

Jenna gulped as she heard the word practice. It was her downfall. She closed her eyes and tried whispering the incantation under her breath... unsuccessfully. She was doomed.
Back to top Go down
Bethany McKeen

Bethany McKeen

PostSubject: Re: DADA Year 1 & 3 Lesson 2   DADA Year 1 & 3 Lesson 2 Empty10/21/2012, 2:54 am

Beth walked into the room and saw her friend. "hi. Jenna." she seid with a smile and sat down next to her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DADA Year 1 & 3 Lesson 2   DADA Year 1 & 3 Lesson 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

DADA Year 1 & 3 Lesson 2
Page 1 of 1